Tuesday 4 October 2016

Thoughts From Inside an MRI Machine


If this experience has taught me anything
it's that I'd make an excellent astronaut. 

If I’d realised in advance I was going to be in a hospital gown with just my legs and feet visible for this length of time I probably would have worn matching socks. 

If I’d realised in advance I was going to be in a hospital gown with just my legs and feet visible for this length of time I definitely would have shaved my legs. 

I really shouldn’t think about anything too weird while they are taking photographs of my brain. I wonder what the weirdest thing they’ve ever caught anyone thinking is. 

[a short while later]

Wait, that’s probably not how MRI’s work, they probably can’t tell what I’m thinking about. I hope they don’t think I’m an idiot for thinking that. 

I’m actually quite glad that this MRI machine doesn’t have one of those periscope things like the last two MRI machines I was in. 

Having an MRI is just like space travel with all the noises and science that I don’t understand and stuff. I guess an MRI is better than space travel because you are less likely to crash and die. On the other hand, I guess an MRI is worse than space travel because when you climb out of your capsule instead of being in space you are in a hospital in Bradford.

No comments:

Post a Comment